Indigo Handloom, a company specializing in handlooming and textile design, is opening up their doors to fresh talent! Submit an original design for a hand woven scarf to Indigo Handloom and the winning design will be hand-woven by their master weavers. They will also sell the winner’s design through their online store as part of their Spring 2013 collection and be featured at the New York International Gift Fair in January 2013. The founder of Indigo Handloom, Smita Paul, will do a guest lecture about handlooming upon request to fashion and design schools interested in participating.
1. 3 copies of your scarf
2. Receive 15% of all sales of your design on www.indigohandloom.com
3. Be given credit for the design on the website and all press releases
Submit a sketch in .pdf format of your design by December 20, 2012. Make sure to include the following information
1. Size: 15″-40″ wide and 60″-80″ in length.
2. Colors: Submit a maximum of 10 Pantone colors for your design
3. Fabric Content: May be 100% cotton, 100% silk, or 50% cotton/50% silk
1. Open to anyone- no limits on age or geographic location
2. When Indigo Handloom has selected the final designs, they will let their fans weigh in on the designs on their facebook page. Be sure to “Like” Indigo Handloom in order to participate!
3. Must submit designs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 20th, 2012 midnight P.S. T.